We provide local information, organise a range of activities, connect you to others, promote ethnic diversity, support your learning and encourage to become an actively involved member of our local communities. Our focus is to support everyone who is new to the area, but we also warmly welcome more established community members to join us.
- an incorporated society which was founded after the so-called ‘Settling In reports’ in 2008 identified a need for Settling In services on the West Coast;
- managed by a committee of volunteers which employs a service coordinator and an administrator who work from an office space in central Greymouth and a shared a desk at Heartlands in central Hokitika as well as ‘out in the field’;
- provider of a range of services – local information, various activities which can be attended free of charge, referrals to other agencies, personal support & more – we point you in the right direction;
- open to participation and further of involvement of our members and the wider community;
- funded by several grants like Lotteries, COGS, Tindall, West Coast Community Trust and Office of Ethnic Communities.